Chicken Enchiladas Easy Recipe is exactly that. Easy and quick to put together to have cheesy enchiladas in a delicious red enchilada sauce with lots of beans and flavor baked right in. Serve them plain or with sour cream, a side of rice or salad for a complete meal.
Chicken Enchiladas Easy Recipe is great served right away, or can keep in the refrigerator for a few days. I always make a few extra so I can freeze some for a quick meal another day. Store them in a freezer ready container and they will keep well frozen for up to three months. Freeze your enchiladas before baking, and when you are ready, remove them from the freezer, thaw and bake. When you plan ahead like this it makes a quick satisfying meal that is ready to go when you want it.
Easy Recipe- A great make ahead meal
To freeze enchiladas so they are not mushy when you defrost them make sure they are cooled off in the fridge completely. Freezing food warm causes ice crystals and that causes extra liquids when they defrost and then mush. Free them cold, freeze them in a tight freezer ready container.
To Make Chicken Enchilada Easy Recipe You Will Need
soft flour tortillas
shredded cooked chicken
canned black beans
canned red beans
pepper jack cheese
Heat cooked shredded chicken, beans, scallions, and spices in a large skillet for about 15 minutes so flavors blend
Shred your cheeses if needed
Prepare your oven ready casserole dish with cooking spray
Take one flour tortilla and place about 1/4 cup of chicken/bean mixture along the edge
Add about 2 tablespoons of enchilada sauce along mixture
Add some cheese. (I like cheese so I added about 2 tablespoon)
Roll up your tortilla and place in your dish so edges are tucked in .
Continue rolling until you have rolled all your tortillas
Place in your casserole dish and cover with enchilada sauce and shredded cheeses
Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees until heated through
This makes 8 enchiladas. I made six and froze the leftovers for a future meal to reheat and add to a salad.
Six tortillas fit nicely in my casserole dish but you could easily squeeze two more. Six was perfect for my household. Chicken enchiladas are great the next day, just reheat in a microwave or oven.
For this recipe I used low carb tortillas. YES! There is such a thing!
Check out some other easy and quick recipes here
You might need a great casserole dish
AFFILIATE LINK DISCLOSURE: Some of the links you will see on The Recipe Patch are affiliate links, meaning that, at no cost to you, I may earn a small commission if you click through and make a purchase
Chicken Enchiladas Easy Recipe
- 8 soft flour tortillas recipe nutrition calculated for low carb tortillas
- 3 cups shredded chicken
- 15 oz can black beans
- 15 oz can red beans
- 3 scallions chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp onion powder
- 3 cups enchilada sauce
- 2 cups pepper jack cheese
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- Heat cooked shredded chicken, beans, scallions, and spices in a large skillet for about 10 minutes so flavors blend
- Shred your cheeses if needed
- Prepare your oven ready casserole dish with cooking spray
- Take one flour tortilla and place about 1/4 cup of chicken/bean mixture along the edge
- Add about 2 tablespoons of enchilada sauce along mixture
- Add some cheese. I like cheese so I added about 2 tablespoons
- Roll up your tortilla and place in your dish so edges are tucked in .
- Continue rolling until you have rolled all your tortillas
- Place in your casserole dish and cover with enchilada sauce and shredded cheeses
- bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes until heated through
- This makes 8 enchiladas. I made six and froze the leftovers for a future meal to reheat and add to a salad.
Din’t forget to pin this recipe for later
My name is Mary. Here at The Recipe Patch you will find a garden full of recipes to make life easy and delicious. I hope you find a new recipe to share with your friends and family. There is something for every occasion…. Let’s get to work… or play!