This Chocolate fruit tart is so easy to put together, rich, smooth and melts in your mouth.
Chocolate Fruit Tart
Dark and Decadent Chocolate Fruit tart
Chocolate lovers like me love making this rich Chocolate fruit tart with a chocolate cookie crust. It is so easy you won’t believe it. Not much could be better or more delicious than chocolate ganache and topping it with fresh fruit to make a show stopper!
Summery fruit tops this awesome Chocolate fruit tart
This Chocolate fruit tart is so easy to put together, rich, smooth and melts in your mouth. Life is busy and recipes that are quick to put together are needed sometimes. My idea of relaxing would be to go to France one day. I would love someday to sit outside a French bakery in the bustle of Paris and eat a pastry with a cup of french coffee listening to a french conversation even though I wouldn’t understand. To me, that seems so exotic and perhaps a once in a lifetime trip. I would eat a croissant, a chocolate one for sure and enjoy every bite sitting by the Shanzelize in Paris and watch the world go by. People would be going about their day and rushing to get to their next appointment while for me, time. would stand still.
But until that day I enjoy my baked goods in the US with friends. And I love that too!
This time of year I love to incorporate fresh fruit into my baked goods. Summer is the season for fresh fruit and I can never get enough of it. Rich and decadent Tarts with fruit says summer for sure! I’ve got to say this is one of the most delicious tarts I make and I get rave reviews every time.
Brush fruit with warmed honey to give the fruit a shine
Best to served within 24 hours. The fruit will begin to turn after that.
Enjoy! Now wasn’t that easy and delicious?
Chocolate Fruit Tart
- for the crust:
- 2 cups chocolate wafers or oreo cookies crushed into crumbs
- 6 tablespoons butter melted
- for the filling
- 12 oz 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- assorted fresh fruit
- Mix together in a bowl , the butter and chocolate wafer crumbs
- Press crumbs into tart pan
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degree oven for 10 minutes. Remove and set aside to cool
- In a small sauce pan heat cream to simmer, do not allow to boil and remove from heat
- Add chocolate chips to cream and let it sit for 5 minutes - Do not stir yet
- After 5 minutes gently stir chips and cream until smooth being carfeful to not add air bubbles so your gabache is smooth
- Pour your ganache over the cookie crust in the tart pan
- Place in refrigerator to allow to cool partially
- Add your fresh fruit on top of your partially cooled chocolate ganache. If it is totally cooled the fruit will roll off it when you cut and serve it. Adding it when the chocolate is still a little soft allows the fruit to partially sink into the ganache adhering in in place
- Add a dusting of powdered sugar right before serving.t
- Allow to cool and set completely before serving
- Brush the fuit with warmed honey to make a shiny glaze for the fruit
Try these other delicious tarts to make
- Coconut Lime Tart
- Easy Almond Raspberry Tart
- Fresh Fruit Tart With Vanilla Pastry Cream
- French Apple Tart With Shortbread Cookie Crust
My name is Mary. Here at The Recipe Patch you will find a garden full of recipes to make life easy and delicious. I hope you find a new recipe to share with your friends and family. There is something for every occasion…. Let’s get to work… or play!