Creamy Cinnamon Roll Cheesecake takes the love of cinnamon rolls and adds the creamiest cheesecake filling to add a twist instead of a classic cheesecake recipe.
Creamy Cinnamon Roll Cheesecake
If you love cinnamon rolls or cinnamon buns as I call them then you will love this recipe for Creamy Cinnamon Roll Cheesecake. The flavor of this cheesecake is spot on and captures all the favorite flavors and richness of a cinnamon roll.
This recipe is easy to follow. There is no crust to make in this cheesecake because the prepackaged, ready to bake cinnamon rolls form the base of the cheesecake. It makes this cheesecake a true cheese-CAKE because the base is full of delicious cinnamon rolls.
No need to prebake them, since they bake so well right in the cheesecake. Easy peasy
To Make The Creamy Cinnamon Roll Cheesecake You Will Need
cream cheese at room temperature ( full fat softened)
To make the cheesecake
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease a 9 inch spring form pan.
For the filling
In a large bowl mix together cream cheese with sugar until very smooth.
Mix in flour, cinnamon and vanilla. Fold in sour cream.
Mix in one egg at a time, slowly. At this point you do not want to add to add air into the mixture (beating with eggs adds air and air will make cracks in the cheesecake).
Prepare the rolls
Cut up cinnamon rolls into quarters
To make the cinnamon filling
melt the butter and add the cinnamon and brown sugar together and mix. Set aside
To assemble the cheesecake
Place pieces of cinnamon rolls in bottom of springform pan, press together slightly
Pour half of filling into springform pan
Drop cinnamon filling onto half of the cheesecake filling by small spoonfuls
Swirl by dragging a knife to toothpick skewer through the spoonfuls
Add the rest of the filling
Drop the rest of the cinnamon filling on top of the filling and swirl again
Heat boiling water
Wrap cheesecake with several layers of tin foil to make a waterproof barrier or use an oven ready bag as a water barrier. I use both. I hate soggy bottoms
Place in a larger baking pan or roaster that has room around it
Add water to pan surround the cheesecake for the water bath
Place in preheated oven at 325 degrees F
Bake in water bath for 60 minutes
Shut off oven, Leave cheesecake to cool in oven for one hour so cheesecake cools off slowly
look at those delicious swirls of cinnamon filling!
Remove from oven and cool completely in refrigerator
After cheesecake is set you can decorate the top
Add the softened butter, 4 oz of cream cheese to medium bowl and beat with electric mixer until very smooth
Add confectioners sugar one cup at a time and mix together until smooth
Add to top of cheesecake either by piping or spreading all over- according to your personal preference
Keep refrigerated until ready to serve. Remove from fridge about 10 minutes before serving. Cheesecake can either be served room temperature to cold.
Slice cheesecake with a heated knife so it doesn’t stick to the knife. Wipe clean between cutting slices.
For the real deal for Cinnamon buns check out this easy to follow recipe Delicious Cinnamon Buns
Check out these other delicious cheesecake recipes:
- Thin Mint Chocolate Chip Cheesecake
- Brownie Bottom Baileys Cheesecake
- Best Ever Almond Cheesecake With Shortbread Cookie Crust
Now isn’t that easy and delicious!
Don’t forget to pin it for later
Creamy Cinnamon Roll Cheesecake
- 2 packages Refrigerated cinnamon rolls
- 24 oz Cream cheese 3 - 8 oz packages of full fat at room temperature.
- 3 large Eggs
- 1 cup Granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup Sour cream
- 4 Tbs All-purpose flour
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
for the cinnamon swirl
- 1/4 cup Brown sugar
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon
- 3 tbsp Butter melted
For the frosting
- 4 tbsp Butter softened
- 4 oz Cream cheese softened
- 3 cups Confectioners sugar
- Cut up cinnamon rolls into quarters and place pieces in bottom of springform pan, press together slightly
- For the cinnamon swirl add the melted butter, brown sugar and 1 tbsp cinnamon to a bowl and mix together. Set aside
- In a large bowl mix together cream cheese with granulated sugar until very smooth.
- Mix in flour, cinnamon and vanilla. Mix in sour cream.
- Mix in one egg at a time, slowly. At this point you do not want to add to add air into the mixture ( overbeating the eggs adds air and air will make cracks in the cheesecake).
- Place the cut up cinnamon rolls on the bottom of the springform pan and press together slightly
- Pour half of filling into springform pan
- Drop cinnamon filling onto half of the cheesecake filling by small spoonfuls
- Swirl by dragging a knife or toothpick skewer through the spoonfuls
- Add the rest of the filling
- Drop the rest of the cinnamon filling on top of the filling and swirl again
- Heat boiling water
- Wrap cheesecake with several layers of tin foil to make a waterproof barrier or use an oven ready bag as a water barrier.
- Place in a larger baking pan or roaster that has room around it
- Add water to pan surround the cheesecake
- Place in preheated oven at 325 degrees F
- Bake in water bath for 60 minutes
- Shut off oven, Leave cheesecake to cool in oven for one hour so cheesecake cools off slowly
- Remove from oven and cool completely
- In a medium bowl mix together the butter and cream cheese until really smooth-no lumps
- Gradually add the confectioner's sugar one cup at a time until incorporated and smooth
- Frost your cheesecake. You can either cover the whole cheesecake with the frosting or drizzle it on. If you want to drizzle the frosting, heat it in the microwave for 20 seconds at a time until it is runny and drizzle on top of the cheesecake either with a spoon or in a piping bag
My name is Mary. Here at The Recipe Patch you will find a garden full of recipes to make life easy and delicious. I hope you find a new recipe to share with your friends and family. There is something for every occasion…. Let’s get to work… or play!