If you haven’t had enough of Pumpkin yet like me, try this light, Creamy New York Style Pumpkin Cheesecake. It is the creamiest, rich, full of pumpkin goodness. It’s never too late!
Creamy New York Style Pumpkin Cheesecake
Pumkin Lovers Unite
For my birthday one year my birthday cake was a Creamy New York Style Pumpkin Cheesecake that knocked my socks off. This Creamy New York Style Pumpkin Cheesecake full of flavor and rich spices put the HAPPY in my Happy Birthday, so, asked for the recipe and with all the business of the holiday I didn’t get a chance to make it.
I had gotten sick around Thanksgiving that year and I missed the Holiday completely. I sat on my cough coughing my head off and my Husband went to our friends for Appetizers and he brought home two plates of Thanksgiving love for us to eat while I recovered and he held my hand through it all. That year I had gotten Pneumonia right before Thanksgiving and was in a sorry shape around the Holiday, made the Apple Pie Homemade Apple Pie I was asked to make but still hadn’t gotten to make my cheesecake.
FINALLY! An invitation to dinner and I asked to bring dessert. It just so happened our friends that asked us over LOVE Pumpkin. It was an easy decision what to make. My Creamy New York Style Pumpkin Cheesecake While I was sick and recovering I got to watch A LOT of the food network. I saw The Pioneer Woman make her Thanksgiving dinner for her family.
She made a Pumpkin Cheesecake that has a gingersnap and pecan crust. That looked so good I wanted to add that to the recipe since we are BIG gingersnap fans in our house. (Dunked in milk? Oh yea! Box gone!)
We brought the Creamy New York Style cheesecake and our hosts did not want the temptation to have the rest of the cheesecake as left overs, so, we took it home. One of the little boys cried. He did not “want that cheesecake to leave”. Now that’s a compliment.
I took the Gingerbread crust and the recipe I was given and combined the two to make a SHOW STOPPER! I don’t love dense cheesecake so my one goal was to see if I could make this delicious recipe a very light and Creamy New York Style Pumpkin Cheesecake. New York Style cheesecakes are just that. They are not dense and I figured out the key to make most cheesecake creamier and lighter. (I tweaked my old recipe for cheesecake and came up with this adding the Gingerbread and pecan crust).
I think I did just that and am very happy with the outcome.
I let the cheesecake cool completely in the oven so that it does’t develop cracks or deflate and makes a perfectly level cheesecake
Now isn’t that easy and delicious!
Creamy New York Style Pumpkin Cheesecake
- 2 cups Gingersnap cookies One box
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 32 oz Cream Cheese- 4- 8 z packages -room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup heavy Cream
- 3 large large eggs
- 15 oz pumpkin puree -room temperature-
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 2 teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- Melt butter8 tablespoons ( one stick ) butter
- In food processor place all gingersnap and crush until they are crumbs or crush by hand
- Chop 1 cup of pecans. Add to crumbs in a bowl , add butter and mix well
- Take a 10 inch springform pan and place crumb mixture in it and press sides to form crust
- Bake in preheated oven for 8 minutes at 325 degrees
- Remove from oven and set aside
- In a kitchen stand mixer when the Cream cheese has reached room temperature mix it together until very creamy and there are no lumps
- Add sugar and mix again.
- Add one cup of cold heavy cream and mix again until it is very creamy and fluffy
- Change speed of mixer to stir and add eggs one at a time just until mixed. Do not overbeat the mixture
- Add pumpkin puree and spices and stir until combined very slowly so you do not introduce air until all the ingredients are combined.
- Place cheesecake filling into springform pan. Bake at 325 for 15 minutes.
- Reduce temperature to 300 and bake for 1 hour 30 minutes to 1 hour and 45 minutes. I baked mine for 1 hour and 30 minutes
- Cheesecake will be still be jiggly in the center and mostly set.
- Leave oven for closed. DO NOT OPEN OVEN DOOR except to peak quickly to make sure just the center is still jiggly.
- Turn oven down to 225 for 15 minutes.
- Shut oven temperature off and leave the cheesecake in for at least two hours until oven cools off. I made mine at night and eft it in the oven overnight ad the result was a perfectly level cheesecake that did not deflate or get cracks in it.
- Remove from oven and chill for 6-8 hours before serving.
- I like to remove from the refrigerator 2 hours before serving so cheesecake warms us slightly and then it will be very creamy when you serve it
- Top with whipped Cream
Check out these other delicious recipes
My name is Mary. Here at The Recipe Patch you will find a garden full of recipes to make life easy and delicious. I hope you find a new recipe to share with your friends and family. There is something for every occasion…. Let’s get to work… or play!