Creamy Peanut Butter Cheesecake It it not too sweet, light and creamy, with a chocolate shortbread crust and chocolate ganache drizzle on top. It doesn’t need any other decorations. It stands alone with great taste.
Hands down the Creamiest peanut butter cheesecake ever!
Try this Cheesecake for a change. This is by far the greatest peanut butter cheesecake you have even tried. No joke, just fact. The creaminess surpasses all and the peanut butter steps it up a notch. You must try this recipe. Traditionally a graham cracker crust is made to accompany cheesecake. I added a chocolate shortbread crust and WOW does that add and extra level of tastiness to an already great cheesecake. Nothing about this cheesecake is difficult. Why not try something different for a change?
Here are some of my other favorite cheesecakes
- Brownie Bottom Baileys Cheesecake
- Thin Mint Chocolate Chip Cheesecake
- Rippled Cookie Butter Cheesecake
Chocolate Shortbread crust is a great addition
These days there are lots of different kinds of cheesecakes. Since cheesecake was discovered man (or woman) has tried to find the perfect cheesecake. The right ingredients, the proper amount of flavorings and sugar and cheese, and whatever will make that particular cheesecake stand out. This is one if those recipes that once you make it, people will ask for this over and over again.
Most cheesecakes today use cream cheese, but Italian cheesecakes use Ricotta. I love the difference in texture of the Italian cheesecakes but New York style remains first in my heart. My favorite cheesecake I have ever had anywhere was at a very popular deli near Central Park where the piece you were served was HUGE, and I mean really HUGE. It went out of business years ago, Carnagie Deli. If my memory serves me correctly it was about 4 inches wide and 5 inches high with a blueberry topping, and that topping was a dessert in itself.
You had to share the slice because very few people could finish that slice alone.
This Peanut butter cheesecake is a slight variation of the New York Cheesecake I usually make. I thought I would experiment as I am know to do with recipes and tweak it and add peanut butter.
I looked at other recipes before making this and decided to stick with my own recipe that you can find at New York Cheesecake with Raspberry topping
I did add a dollop of whipped Cream when I served this dessert, but it didn’t even need that.
Before serving mix 1/2 cup of chocolate chips and 1/4 cup cream and melt in microwave 20 seconds at a time until it is melted. Drizzle over the top of the cheesecake.
Start a new tradition today with Peanut Butter Cheesecake with Chocolate shortbread crust. Start a new tradition today
Now isn’t that easy and delicious?
Creamy Peanut butter Cheesecake
- 4 eggs room temperature
- 1/2 cup milk room temperature
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup sour cream
- 32 oz cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 tbs cocoa powder
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
- For Drizzle
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup cream
- Chocolate shortbread Ingredients
- 2 sticks of butter
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2/3 cup confectioners sugar
- Preheat oven to 325°. Grease a 10 inch spring form pan.
- To make the shortbread crust cream together the cocoa powder, sugar and butter until well combined.
- Add flour and mix well-do not over mix.
- Press into spring form pan and bake in oven for 15 minutes. Remove from oven, set aside. Allow to cool
- In a large bowl mix together with a Kitchen mixer, cream cheese with sugar Until very smooth.
- Add milk and heavy cream until mixture is very creamy without lumps. (Take your time creaming the cheese, sugar, milk and cream.)
- Add the peanut butter until mixed well together
- Next, mix in one egg at a time, slowly. At this point you do not want to add to add air into the mixture (Air will make cracks in the cheesecake).
- Slowly mix in flour and vanilla.
- Gently fold in sour cream. Set aside.
- Pour mixture into the spring form pan.
- Allow the batter to sit for a minute so the top smooths out perfectly.
- Meanwhile, Put a pot on the stove and simmer water until it is hot. Now prepare the Bain Marie which is a water bath to protect the cheesecake from cracking. To do this take tinfoil and add it under and around the springform pan and wrap tightly so water does not penetrate the springform pan.
- Place the spring form pan in a roasting pan and add the water to cover the springform pan halfway up. This is called a bain Marie
- Bake in preheated oven at 325° for 50 minutes. Shut off oven and leave the cheesecake in for at least two hours. DO NOT OPEN THE OVEN DOOR WHILE CHEESECAKE IS COOLING. This will allow he cheese cake to slowly cool off and it will avoid the top cracking. After two hours remove from pan and water bath and place in refrigerator and allow to cool and set overnight.
- Before serving mix 1/2 cup of chocolate chips and 1/4 cup cream and melt in microwave 20 seconds at a time until it is melted. Drizzle over the top of the cheesecake.
My name is Mary. Here at The Recipe Patch you will find a garden full of recipes to make life easy and delicious. I hope you find a new recipe to share with your friends and family. There is something for every occasion…. Let’s get to work… or play!