Delicious Moist Chocolate And Raspberry Cake is filled with chocolate that melts in your mouth. This recipe has a slight tanginess from the raspberry filling, and the creamiest chocolate mousse filling between the layers that lasts and lasts.
Delicious Moist Chocolate And Raspberry Cake
Rich chocolate cake with raspberry and mousse that melts in your mouth
This recipe hits all the buttons for what you are looking for in a Chocolate Cake. A great Chocolate cake should be so moist and decadent, and this one combines so well with the raspberry in the filling. Add some of the lightest chocolate mousse and you have A Delicious Moist Chocolate And Raspberry Cake.
Sometimes you just have a craving for good old chocolate cake. This cake is a variation of Hershey’s Chocolate cake. I asked can you improve on that? Humbly I said yes!
This is my go to recipe to make for chocolate lovers special occasions or birthdays. However, Beware! People will ask to come live with you so you can cook for them ! (It has happened) . They will ask for you to make it again and again which is the biggest compliment!
Chocolate Perfection Found In This Delicious Moist Chocolate And Raspberry Cake
Who knows chocolate better than Hershey’s? Take that classic recipe, ramp it up a bit to make a denser, moister cake and that’s what you have in this recipe.
I tweaked it a bit but boy oh boy does that make a perfectly classic recipe new and something to shout about! HEY! There ya go! Now you have a new recipe– Delicious Moist Chocolate And Raspberry Cake – with awesome Chocolate Mousse Filling!
Top With The Prettiest Fresh Raspberries
I used the same recipe but changed it to a bundt cake. Here are some different versions of the same cake.
For these I just used a smooth Chocolate ganache to decorate. Shiny!
There are lots of versions of Moist Chocolate cake on the internet and everyones claim to fame for the best one . It takes a lot to make that claim. I am too humble!
This cake is the same basic recipe but I added pistachios in side and on the ganache! Don’t you just love the green?
If you are looking for a light crumb then this is not your gal! This is a get in my belly dense, delicious, rich, chocolate cake and then some
I made it for a friends special occasion and made it into three layers and 10 inches and it was so heavy to lift, but nothing went to waste.
It made an awesome presentation and everyone loved it and back for more. However, since I was new at this I hadn’t thought it through very well! I made it too big to fit in a box or cake carrier! Quite an exciting and slow ride to the event so it didn’t tip over! Whew.
If you are not a chocolate lover try this, a totally different completely opposite of this type of cake Easy Moist Vanilla Cake Recipe
You can made this with a chocolate ganache glaze and decorate it so many different ways, but the basic chocolate cake is always the same recipe.
This time I added the raspberry filling and chocolate mousse for a very special cake, and boy was it ever! Raspberry adds so much to bakes goods. Here are some other Raspberry Recipes to try Easy Almond Raspberry Tart and this cheesecake tops off the creamiest filling with fresh Raspberries New York Cheesecake with Raspberry topping
Chocolate and raspberry go so well together. Add the sweetness of the chocolate and tartness of raspberry to make a great fresh combination that makes me smile and you have the Best Ever Chocolate Cake with Raspberry and Chocolate Mousse Filling.
How to make this delicious moist ultimate chocolate cake
I made this recipe so many times but never took the time to write it down and add it to my recipes on The Recipe Patch. After so many requests here it is.
Ingredients for the mousse
2 1/2 cups of mousse divided
semisweet chocolate chips ( about 0ne cup)
1 cup boiling water with 1 tsp instant coffee dissolved
3.9 oz instant chocolate pudding
Instructions for cake
Heat oven to 350 degrees.
Prepare two 9” pans with baking spray and flour
Cut out parchment paper to fit inside pan
Sift all dry ingredients into medium size bowl
Add milk, eggs, vanilla extract, oil and package of chocolate pudding to stand mixer and mix together until incorporated
Add hot coffee to boiling water and mix into wet ingredients
Gradually add dry ingredients to wet until incorporated
Pour into your prepared pans.
Bake in oven for 30-35 minutes until done and toothpick test comes out clean – do not over bake
Allow to cool and remove from pan
While the cake bakes make your raspberry jam: ( you can substitute with your favorite store bought raspberry jam)
2 cups of fresh or frozen raspberries
1/4 cup sugar
1 tbsp corn starch and stir together in medium sauce pan
Heat on medium heat continuing to stir to prevent burning until thickened to desired consistency- can take up to 20 minutes
Instructions for frosting
Add softened butter to stand kitchen mixer or large bowl
Whip the butter until creamy
Add vanilla extract and mix
Gradually add the cocoa powder through a sifter to butter mixture to avoid lumps, mix well
Gradually add the powdered sugar to mixture though a sifter as well to avoid lumps. Mix well until very creamy
Add 1-4 tablespoons of milk to reach desired consistency for spreading
To assemble cake
Place first layer on your cake platter or board
Pipe chocolate mousse around the edge of the cake to form a barrier for the raspberry jam.
Top the raspberry jam with a layer of chocolate mousse over the jam
Add second layer of cake.
Cover entire cake with frosting. You can crumb coat your cake and put it in the fridge to harden and then second coat with frosting
In the center of the top of the frosting add raspberry jam up to an an inch and a half to edge of cake
Pipe your decorative frosting around the edge of the top of the cake to your own liking.
Add fresh raspberries on top of the raspberry jam.
- (You can make a simple syrup of one part water, one part sugar- I do 1/2 cup of each , heat to melt sugar, allow to cool. Brush fresh fruit with your cooled simple sugar to make it shiny. )
Now isn’t that easy and delicious?
Other great combinations of flavors with Chocolate is creamy peanut butter.
Try this delicious bundt that has both and is sooo yummy Chocolate Peanut Butter Bundt Cake . It has such creamy peanut butter and filling surprise inside the bundt.
Best Ever Chocolate Cake With Raspberry And Chocolate Mousse Filling
For The Cake
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 pkg chocolate pudding 3.9 oz instant
For The Frosting
- 1 cup butter softened
- 3 1/2 cups confectioners sugar
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-4 tbs milk used to thin frosting if it is too thick
Ingredients For Chcocolate Mousse
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 cups heavy cream separated to 1 cup, 1 1/2 cups
- 8 oz chocolate chips semi sweet or bittersweet, according to taste
- For The Cake
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare two 9” pans with baking spray and flour
- Cut out parchment paper to fit inside pan
- Sift all dry ingredients into medium size bowl
- Add milk, eggs, vanilla extract, oil and package of chocolate pudding to stand mixer and mix together until incorporated
- Add hot coffee to boiling water and mix into wet ingredients
- Gradually add dry ingredients to wet until incorporated
- Pour into your prepared pans.
- Bake in oven for 30-35 minutes until done and toothpick test comes out clean
- Allow to cool and remove from pan
- While cake bakes make your raspberry jam: (can substitute with your favorite store bought raspberry jam)
- 2 cups of fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp corn starch and stir together in medium sauce pan
- Heat on medium heat continuing to stir to prevent burning until thickened to desired consistency
For The Chocolate Mousse filling
- Heat 1 cup of heavy cream in a small pan until hot, do not boil. keep warm
- In a mixing bowl beat 2 eggs together with granulated sugar for abou 3-5 minutes until mixture is light yellow and fluffy
- Slowly add the egg mixture into the heated cream very slowly , about two tbs at a time, contiuing to stir until mixed. (Adding too quickly eggs will scramble the eggs and ruin the mixture)
- Add the cream and egg mixture back into a pan and heat over low heart, continuing to stir, until mixture is thickened, being craeful not to boil or burn
- Once thickened, remove pan from heat and add Chcocolate chipsand stir to melt. Once melted and thoroughly mixed, chill for 1-2 hours in fridge, mixture will thickne further
- while mixture chills and is cooled completely add the rest of the cream, 1 1/2 cups to stand mixture and whip until firm peaks form
- Remove chilled mixture from fridge and slowly mix together chilled chocolate and Cream slowly using your paddle attachment being careful not to increase speed as it will deflate your mixture and it will not be light in texture
- your mixture is then ready to pipe on layers, store in fridge until ready to assemble the cake
Instructions For Frosting
- Add softened butter to stand kitchen mixer or large bowl
- whip the butter until creamy
- Add vanilla extract and mix
- Gradually add the cocoa powder through a sifter to butter mixture to avoid lumps, mix well
- Gradually add the powdered sugar to mixture though a sifter as well to avoid lumps. Mix well until very creamy
- Add 1-4 tablespoons of milk to reach desired consistency for spreading
To Assemble Cake
- Place first layer on your cake plate to board
- Pipe chocolate mousse around the edge of the cake to form a barrier for the raspberry jam
- Top the raspberry jam with a layer of chocolate mousse over the jam
- add second layer of cake
- Cover entire cake with frosting
- In the center of the top of the cake add raspberry jam up to an inch and a half to edge of cake
- Pipe your decorative frosting around the edge of the top of the cake to your own liking.
- Add Fresh raspberries on top of the raspberry jam. To add shine to the Raspberries brush with simple syrup (one part sugar, one part water, heated then cooled)
AFFILIATE LINK DISCLOSURE: Some of the links you will see on The Recipe Patch are affiliate links, meaning that, at no cost to you, I may earn a small commission if you click through and make a purchase
My name is Mary. Here at The Recipe Patch you will find a garden full of recipes to make life easy and delicious. I hope you find a new recipe to share with your friends and family. There is something for every occasion…. Let’s get to work… or play!