Enjoy Valentine’s Day with Easy Moist Vanilla Cake Recipe
This Easy Moist Vanilla Cake recipe is exactly what it says. Delicious light crumb , layers of full of vanilla flavor with a delicious cream cheese frosting that is not tangy, not overly sweet ,and so creamy.
Add bright and colorful sprinkles to really add POP and say I love you. It really has a lot of flavor for a very simple cake.
Look what some fun sprinkles and fresh flowers can do to really dress up a cake. Are your piping or decorating skills not quite perfect? Mine aren’t either! This cake hides all your flaws!
Decorate Your Beautiful Vanilla Cake
Adding fresh flowers to top your cake like some beautiful roses really makes this cake spectacular and is so easy to do. I decided to use two colors of pink to match the sprinkles I used.
Pick your favorite sprinkles since there are lots of colors and shapes to choose from these days. I bought mine at my local craft store. *** Note to self *** DO NOT USE ROUND SPRINKLES!!! They roll and bounce everywhere! Don’t get me wrong, they are delicious and colorful. However, they get everywhere and in everything. My floor looked pretty decorated with sprinkles as well. If you happen to have a dog or puppy, they can help clean up the ones that bounce to the floor after you are finished. As for me, I will be happily finding sprinkles for quite a while! (Now they rattle around in the vacuum cleaner).
You will not be disappointed with this Easy And Moist Vanilla Cake Recipe. The cake has a light and moist crumb and is easy to put together. Using just egg whites makes the cake whiter than if you used the whole egg.
You can decorate it as simply or extravagantly as you’d like. Press the sprinkles into the side of the cake keeping the sides really straight.
With Valentine’s day around the corner I decided to go for it and use bright and colorful sprinkles on the whole cake.
If you can find a fancy cake stand like me this makes everyone think you are the best baker ever! What an artist! What a show stopper! No, what a good shopper!
Add some sprinkles to the batter for some sprinkle surprise inside the cake.
Delicious cream cheese frosting between the layers with every bite
Some hints to make the cake
Make sure your cold ingredients are room temperature.
Do not beat your egg whites too long or they will inflate so much while baking and then deflate leaving dents in the cake.
To get beautifully level cakes follow these instructions here How To Bake Perfectly Level Cakes
Time will vary for finished product depending on how long you spend decorating you cake. Other options are to just put the sprinkles part way up the sides of the cake. In this recipe time I allowed 20 minutes
Now isn’t that easy and delicious!
Vanilla Cake Easy and Moist Recipe
- 1 cup butter room temperature
- 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 3/4 cups cake flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 7 large egg whites room temperature
- 3/4 cup sour cream room temperature
- 1/4 cup milk room temperature
- 2 tbs vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Vegetable oil
- 2 8 0z packages cream cheese room temperature, for the frosting
- 16 tbs butter room temperature,for the frosting
- 7-8 cups confectioners sugar for the frosting
- 2 tbs vanilla extract
- 3-4 cups sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Grease and lightly spray 3 8" cake pans
- Mix together the softened butter and granulated sugar until light yellow and creamy
- In a separate bowl mix together all your dry ingredients: cake flour, salt, baking powder, set aside
- Into your butter and sugar mixture, beat in your egg whites and vanilla on high speed for about 2-3 minutes, scraping down the sides as needed.
- On low speed alternate adding the dry ingredients with the sour cream and milk just until combined, making sure to scrape sides and bottom. Do not overmix. Add 1/4 cup of sprinkles and stir.
- pour batter equally into three cakes pans. Place in oven and bake for about 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean
- When cake is done, remove from oven and set on cooling ire racks. Allow to cool completely before decorating
For the frosting
- Mix together on medium speed softened cream cheese and butter until completely smooth
- turn speed down to low and add confectioners sugar gradually about one cup at a time until smooth and mixed thouroughly.
- Add vanilla extract and mix to combine. I frosting is too think add 1-2 tbs milk or cream to thin it out.
- Place first cake layer on cake stand, add frosting on top. Top with next layer and repeat until all three layers are frosted on top. Add frosting to sides of the three cake layers and smooth keeping sides even.
- Place a cookie sheet or something underneath the cake stand to catch any sprinkles that may fall
- Add sprinkles to your hand and push them gently onto sides of cake until the whole cake is decorated
- If using roses to decorate the top snip off stems and leaves and place on top of the cake as seen in the picture of finsihed cake
My name is Mary. Here at The Recipe Patch you will find a garden full of recipes to make life easy and delicious. I hope you find a new recipe to share with your friends and family. There is something for every occasion…. Let’s get to work… or play