Endive and Pear Salad with Gorgonzola cheese is a great combination for any special gathering or family meal. An easy to put together recipe that will take 10 minutes to prepare.
Make Endive and Pear Salad With Gorgonzola
Endive and Pear salad with Gorgonzola cheese is a great combination for any special gathering or family meal. It is an easy to put together healthy recipe that will only take minutes to put together. Take fresh ripe pears cut up some endive in bitesize pieces and add a delicious apple cider vinaigrette. Add some roasted walnuts for a perfect crunch and you have yourself an easy, healthy salad for a side or meal.
Gorgonzola cheese is an Italian blue cheese made from unskimmed cow’s milk. This cheese can be firm, crumble, and has a bite from the blue cheese. It is one of the World’s oldest blue cheeses. If Gorgonzola is not for you, you can switch out and try feta.
When I was at the grocery store today in the produce section thinking about dinner tonight I eyed the endive. Since looked so fresh and inviting, I had to bring some home for a different twist on tonights salad.
This recipe takes no time at all to put together this recipe but you will wow your guests because they are bound to ask what is endive and why have I never had this before. Belgium Endive is a little pricier kind of lettuce but worth the tiny splurge.
It pares well with the gorgonzola and the dressing brings it all together for a fresh, healthy, easy to make salad. I also love these other healthy salads Avocado And Grilled Corn Salad , Healthy Beet Salad Recipe ,
Endive and Pear Salad
- 3 Heads of Endive
- 1/2 cup Gorgonzola cheese
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 2 Bosc pears
- 1/2 cup extra virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbs Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Cut up the endive into bite size peices
- Cut up and core the pear leaving the skin on for a touch of color
- Roast walnuts in a pan on the stove until you start to smell them and they are toating, takes abu 5-8 minutes and set aside.
- Whisk Olive Oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper in a small bowl until well blended
- Add Endive, pear and walnuts along with the gorgonzola.
- Add dressing and toss well to coat evenly
- Serve cold
My name is Mary. Here at The Recipe Patch you will find a garden full of recipes to make life easy and delicious. I hope you find a new recipe to share with your friends and family. There is something for every occasion…. Let’s get to work… or play!