Flourless Chocolate Cake With Chocolate Ganache is an easy recipe, rich, decadent made with a few ingredients for the cake and a few extra for decoration. Since, there is no flour it makes this recipe Gluten Free. And delicious. And moist, and the chocolate ganache is so smooth it melts in your mouth.
Flourless Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Ganache
Great desserts don’t always have to be complicated. Yes, there are some that have lots of ingredients and extra steps. Flourless Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Ganache is not one of those recipes.
If you just want to make the cake, it only uses three ingredients. Easy, peasy and a great no frills cake!
This recipe is adapted from https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Flourless-Chocolate-Cake-14478 . The Recipe from Epicurious makes a small cake. Gotta makes it bigger.
To make it my own, ingredients are adjusted. I love chocolate ganache, therefore, I think having this cake topped with ganache and some fresh fruit would make a spectacular dessert.
Doesn’t the fruit make your cake a bright and cheery dessert ? Also, the combination of the ganache, fruit and cake make one awesome, easy, and quick dessert. Take the time to decorate the top anyway you like or just pile the fruit on top. I choose to decorate one side in case someone does not like fruit.
Have extra fruit and top each slice when you serve it. Some confectioners sugar sprinkled on top makes it even prettier!
Slice a piece and grab your coffee or tea. MMM MMM!
What You Need To Make The Flourless Chocolate Cake With Chocolate Ganache
Bittersweet chocolate chips or semi sweet chips
Flourless Chocolate Cake With Chocolate Ganache
For the cake
- 1 cup butter ok to use salted butter
- 16 oz Bittersweet chocolate chips ok to use semi sweet but cake will be sweeter
- 8 large eggs
- 2 tbsp Kahlua Optional but adds extra hidden flavor
- 1/2 cup strawberries
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1/4 cup blueberries
For the chocolate Ganache
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup bittersweet chips ok to substitute semi sweet chips
For the cake
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Prepare 9 inch springform pan by spraying with cooking spray or grease with butter. Cut a round piece of parchment paper for the inside of the bottom of the pan. Add to pan. Spray parchment paper too
- Place bittersweet chips, ,kahlua and 1 cup of butter in a medium size bowl . Place it over a larger sauce pan with about 1-2 inches of water to create a double boiler. Heat slowly to melt chocolate, kahlua and butter until melted and stir until smooth. Set aside.
- Beat eggs on high with an electric mixer or kitchen stand mixer until they are doubled in size and frothy about 5 minutes
- Pour chocolate mixture in small amounts at a time into egg mixture and stir. Continue adding the chocolate, in small amounts at a time, while stirring until both mixtures are fully incorporated. If you add the melted chocolate too quickly or you will scramble the eggs.
- Pour your mixture into your prepared spring form pan. Wrap outside of pan with two layers of tin foil to form a water proof barrier.
- Set springform pan into larger baking pan or roasting pan. Pour boiling water around springform pan about half way up.
- Place in preheated oven and bake for about 35-40 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool
For the chocolate ganache
- Heat 3/4 cup cream in a small saucepan to simmer. Do not boil. Add bittersweet chips into cream. Shut off heat. Allow to sit for 5 minutes. Stir until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Pour chocolate ganache over the top of the cake
- Slice strawberries in half, and add strawberries, raspberries and blueberries on top to decorate
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases
Don’ forget to Pin the recipe for later!