In the Winter I miss making Fresh Triple Berry Pie. Delicious fruit and buttery pie crust is reminds me that I can’t wait for June. My friends and I look forward to picking strawberries and black berries along with raspberries to make them into wonderful treats.
Fresh Triple Berry Pie
My favorites are Shortcake, pie, and jam. I couldn’t wait to make this Fresh Triple Berry Pie any longer.
Smelling the freshness of fruit brings back sweet memories of going strawberry picking when I was very little and it makes me laugh. I remember getting tired of picking and just sitting in the patch and picking and eating to my hearts content. No one seemed to notice I ate more than I put in the bucket. It had been a long time since I had gone berry picking. My idea of late is picking strawberries and blackberries off the shelves at the grocery stores. Not this year though.
Celebrate Spring By Making This Fresh Triple Berry Pie .
As I drive pass farms on my way to work, one farm has fresh strawberries to pick every year. I have never stopped there because it seems for every reason under the sun I need to get home. However, this year, I can’t wait till strawberry season this year because my goal is finally to pick some right off the vine and go home and make this favorite triple berry pie.
This pie is made from all fresh berries, strawberries, blackberries and raspberries. When fruit is in season and you pick your own and then rush home and make it, there is nothing like it. Fresh fruit at it’s peak season has such rich flavor and berries are so naturally good for you. Another recipe to try would be Fresh Fruit Tart With Vanilla Pastry Cream And Shortbread Cookie Crust
Fresh Triple Berry Pie needs a flaky buttery crust!
Anytime I bake a pie I like to make my own crust. To me there is nothing like homemade crust that is so flaky and buttery and is like the wrapping paper on a present. It is the crust on the pie that adds to the taste and presentation. Homemade pie crust does not take a lot of time to make. Yea, you can go to the store and buy a pie shell in the frozen food section, or buy one that you unwrap and roll out but it just doesn’t compare.
I used to buy those frozen ones all the time and sometimes when you are in a pinch for time they are good. But me, I like to make my own. When you buy the frozen ones you have to remember to take them out ahead of time, let them defrost before you can use them. By that time, you could have taken the extra 10-15 minutes and make your own crust. You can save time and make pie crust and keep it in the fridge for a few days. Just take it out and let it warm up a bit until it is time to prepare your crust.
You can change this recipe by making it with just strawberries alone, but I think the mixture of berries just adds extra wow!
Cut me a slice when you make it won’t you?
Now isn’t that easy and delicious!
Fresh Triple Berry Pie
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 tbs corn starch
- 3 cups strawberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- 3.4 oz strawberry gelatin one small box of
- 1 Pie Crust
- 5 tbs butter cold
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 2 tbs sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 3-5 tbs ice water
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- Add flour and salt to kitchen mixer and add butter until mixed and there are pea sized pieces of butter/ flour.
- Add shortening and mix until combined
- Add 3 tbs of ice water and mix. If needed add more ice water until good consistency for pie crust
- Place in fridge for about five- ten minutes
- Remove from fridge and allow two minutes approximately until dough is pliable
- Roll out dough between wax paper to 1/4 inch and place in pie plate
- Shape edges with your fingers or fork and cut edges to fit edge of plate
- Take a fork and prick Bottom of pie plate so dough does not bubble or add pie beads to blind bake the crust
- Place in preheated oven at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes until golden brown
- Make sure edges do not burn
- Remove from oven and allow to cool
- place berries nicely arranged in the pie plate.
- Heat water, sugar and cornstarch until sugar melts and cornstarch dissolves and liquids thickens slightly about 20 minutes
- Allow to cool for about ten minutes
- Pour over berries
- Place in refrigerator to set and cool about 2 hours
- Top with whipped cream