Learn How to Make A Perfect Quiche
This is your basic recipe to learn How To Make A Perfect Quiche. Basic quiche has a rich creamy filling and lots of ingredients in a buttery flaky crust. You can change up the ingredients for endless varieties and personalize it to make your own perfect Quiche.
When Can You Serve Quiche?
Quiche is something you can serve anytime. It’s traditionally served for breakfast or brunch but pair it with salad for dinner. Add it to a beautiful buffet or Holiday meal such as Easter or Mother’s Day, Wedding or Baby Showers, or a Women’s Luncheon or Tea. It is relatively easy and delicious and can vary according to whats in your fridge or pantry.
Why not make some homemade bread or rolls, Best Ever Mile High Flaky Biscuits ,with some jam or felly and add some fresh fruit. Easy!
What Is Quiche?
Quiche is a dish which consists of a custard made of eggs, cream, and cheese, with combinations of meat, and/ or vegetables, all surrounded by a crust made of savory pastry dough. .
The basics of a basic quiche recipe are eggs, cream, milk or half and half, and cheese. This is your basic recipe and you pick your own extras, but I will show you what I put in mine.
Can you make your quiche ahead of time?
YES! Save time by baking your Quiche ahead of time. After it bakes you can keep your quiche out on the counter for up to two hours. To reheat, cover with tinfoil and heat at 325 ° until heated through. It can keep in the fridge for 3-4 days.
What can you put in your quiche?
Here you have some different options. Quiches are so versatile
Some recipes have some precooked ingredients like onion, bacon, peppers, sausage which will add to your cook or prep time. Other recipes which include ingredients that ready to go – makes prep time faster, things like ham, green onions, chives, different cheeses, or pre cooked bacon.
Try different vegetables, such as spinach, asparagus, artichokes, zucchini, or peppers, but make sure they are dry before adding them. Things like tomatoes and zucchini add extra moisture and will affect the consistency. Tty different cheeses, such as Gruyere, Swiss, Parmesan, Goat cheese or Feta. There are varieties of spices to add as well.
What about the crust?
You can use a pre-made pie crust, or make your own. There are frozen crusts in pie plates or pre-made crust you just roll out and bake. If you use a roll and bake crust no one will know unless you tell them. (It’s good to keep secrets!)
Personally, I like to blind bake the crust so cook time when filled, is lessened and no soggy bottom! Other option is you can skip the crust all together and just make a crustless quiche and bake the custard and fillings right in the pie plate.
What can you serve with your quiche?
- Bacon, sausage, fresh fruit or fruit salad Tomato Spinach And Cheddar Quiche
- Delicious Cinnamon Buns
- Best Ever Mile High Flaky Biscuits
- Rolls How To Make Kaiser Rolls , Crescent Dinner Rolls
- Homemade bread The Wonder Of Making Homemade Bread
How to make a perfect quiche
Blind bake it
allow to cool completely wrap in tin foil. Freeze for up to 3 months
1 cup vegetables
1 cup of cheese
6 slices bacon crumbled or 1/3 cup bacon bits
1/2 cup fontina cheese cut up
1/2 c. shredded Yellow CheddarCheese
1 shallot or 1/2 cup Vidalia onion
6 large eggs
1/2 c. heavy cream
4oz cream cheese
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon onion powder
2 tablespoons scallions
1/2 cup Chopped spinach
1/2 large tomato (about 1/2 cup) squeeze out the moisture
Freshly cracked black pepper
Preheat oven to 350 °
Prepare and measure your ingredients
Roll out your pie crust and place it in your pie plate.
To Blind bake the crust you can fill with pie weights or beans. Personally I use a cake pan the same size to weight it down. Just place it on top and bake.
Bake for about 20 minutes just until it is starting to brown so it doesn’t get a soggy bottom
Remove from oven
Set aside while you prepare the filling.
While you blind bake the crust cook your onions in a skillet until translucent, about 5-8 minutes on medium high.
Add onions to baked crust
To prepare your custard filling beat your eggs, salt, onion powder and cream until light yellow in color
Sprinkle in spinach, scallions, bacon and tomato.
Sprinkle most of the cheese over the bottom of the pie crust reserving about a tablespoon to add on top after you fill the crust with the fillings.
Pour in your egg custard
Sprinkle the remaining cheese and ingredients over the top
Bake the quiche 350 ° for 40 – 50 minutes until the edges are set but the center still jiggles a little in the center
Cool the quiche for at least 15 minutes to allow it to set or the slices will run.
How To Make A Perfect Quiche
- 1 cup vegetables
- 1 cup cheese
- 6 slices bacon crumbled or 1/3 cup bacon bits
- 1/2 cup fontina cheese cut up
- 1/2 cup Cheddar Cheese shredded Yellow
- 1/2 cup onion shallot oror vidalia onion
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons scallions
- 1/2 cup spinach Chopped
- 1/2 large tomato about 1/2 cup squeeze out the moisture
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Prepare and measure your ingredients
- Roll out your pie crust and place in you pie plate.
- Roll our your crust
- Place the crust in the pie plate. Use your roller to help
- To Blind bake the crust you can fill with pie weights or beans. Personally I use a cake pan the same size to weight it down. Just place it on top and bake.
- Bake for 20 minutes
- It is starting to brown so it doesn’t get a soggy bottom
- Remove from oven
- Set aside while you prepare the filling.
- While you blind bake the crust cook your onions in a skillet until translucent, about 5-8 minutes on medium high.
- Add onions to baked crust
- To prepare your custard filling beat your eggs, salt, onion powder and cream until light yellow in color
- Add cream cheese and mix again
- Heres where I started to add my filiings
- Sprinkle in spinach, scallions, bacon and tomato.
- Sprinkle most of the cheese over the bottom of the pie crust reserving about a tablespoon to add on top after you fill the crust with the fillings.
- Add your egg custard and top with whatever you like to make it pretty
- Pour in your egg custard
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top
- Bake the quiche. Bake the quiche until the edges are set but it still jiggles a little in the center, 40-50 minutes.
- Cool the quiche for at least 15 minutes to allow it to set or the slices will run.
My name is Mary. Here at The Recipe Patch you will find a garden full of recipes to make life easy and delicious. I hope you find a new recipe to share with your friends and family. There is something for every occasion…. Let’s get to work… or play!