Pineapple Pina Colada Cake with Coconut Cream Frosting is THE most delicious cake, Pineapple make the cake flavorful and moist, coconut flavor inside and out and toped with Cococnut Cream Cheese frosting and bit of coconut and cherries top this best ever cake!
I dream about Pineapple Pina Colada Cake With Coconut Cream Frosting. Whenever we go away on Vacation one of our favorite things to do is watch the sun go down from the balcony of a Cruise ship or in a lounge chair on a sandy beach while sipping a Pina Colada. We look forward to it all day.
Pineapple Pina Colada cake With Coconut Cream Frosting is light, moist not overly sweet and just pure Delicious!
This cake is easy to make and so moist and delicious it will be one of those ones that are requested for years to come. Along with the drink I love Pineapple Pina Colada Cake With Coconut Cream Frosting
I saw this awesome cake on Pinterest from Glorious Treats and adapted it a little bit to suit my own taste. I tried my best to copy her cake because it is absolutely beautiful the way she did it. Serve it with a Pina Colada Cocktail.
One of my close friends was having a birthday and we decided to make it a Tropical theme to celebrate her heritage. She was so happy with the cake idea and the deliciousness of the cake itself. You could make this wonderfully flavorful cake for any birthday or summer barbecue or have a party for a “winter wishing it was summer party”
Make this Pineapple Pina Colada Cake it will remind you of a Caribbean Island
Close your eyes as you eat this Pineapple Pina Colada Cake With Coconut Cream Frosting and you might hear the waves pounding on the sand and the seagulls in the background.
Helpful hint to make perfectly level cakes:
I do not like to have to level off cakes that come out uneven. I learned this trick so you won’t have to cut off any part of your cake. To avoid this you can purchase baking strips like these 2-Piece Bake strips 4-Piece Bake Even Strip,Cake Pan Strips,Super Absorbent Thick Cotton,Cake Strips for Baking,Cake Pan Strips to wrap around the outside of the pans but I like to make my own. Your cakes will rise perfectly even and you will not have to level off any uneven tops. Learn how here How To Bake Perfectly Level Cakes .
Crumb coat your cake to avoid crumbs in your final layer.
Finally finished and ready to Eat. This cake will serve about 20 people depending on how it is sliced. Believe me when I tell you every last crumb will be eaten.
Make a birthday Pineapple Pina Colada Cake With Coconut Cream Frosting
Now isn’t that easy and delicious?
Pineapple Pina Colada Cake With Coconut Cream Frosting
- 3 1/4 cups flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 tsp coconut flavor extract
- 1 cup sour cream full fat
- 15 oz crushed pineapple slightly drained
- Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 cups butter
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 8 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tsp coconut flavor extract
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- coconut flavor rum 2-4 tbsp optional
- Topping and Sides
- 3 cups toasted coconut you will end up with extra
- maraschino cherries I jar drain- use whatever number you need on top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- prepare three 10 inch cake pans by greasing and flouring them. Cut out parchment circles to line the bottom of the pans. set inside.
- Toast coconut in oven on cookie sheet on 350 until golden brown, about 3- minutes. Set Aside
- Sift together flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda into a large size bowl and set aside
- In a kitchen mixer bowl, beat together eggs, and sugar until they are light in color and whipped together
- Add in Vanilla, coconut extract and oil. pineapple and sour cream. mix together
- Slowly add the wet mixture into the flour mixture and stir gently to incorporate all the ingredients
- Pour batter equally between the three pans.
- Place in oven and bake for 35-45 minutes until toothpick comes out clean
- Allow to cool completely.
- Frost layers in between with Coconut Cream Frosting.
- Frost the cake with crumb coat and put in fridge for 2o minutes to allow frosting to harden. This prevents crumbs in the final coat of frosting.
- Frost the final coat of frosting and cover with toasted coconut. Decorate top and add maraschino cherries.
Check out this other delicious recipe
My name is Mary. Here at The Recipe Patch you will find a garden full of recipes to make life easy and delicious. I hope you find a new recipe to share with your friends and family. There is something for every occasion…. Let’s get to work… or play!