Quick and Easy Salted Caramel Sauce
There is nothing that compares to Salted Caramel Sauce. It is soooooo easy to make and relatively quick too. This recipe takes less than ten minutes to make and when you tell everyone you actually made it they will truly KNOW you are a gourmet Chef!
The only time factor is letting it cool a few minutes before using it. I make it the day before If I have a recipe that calls for it. But lately I try to keep it on hand, but it manages to go very quickly into a new recipe.
If you have never made Salted Caramel Sauce I suggest you give it a go because it really is fun to watch the sugar and butter and cream change consistency into something so rich and creamy. I love salted Caramel but you can leave out the salt and you are left with the pureness of Caramel sauce. You can use this recipe on top of cupcakes, in cakes or brownies, or drizzle on your favorite ice cream sundae. Or try it with these recipes:
Tips to make your Salted Caramel Sauce
Melt your butter in the medium size sauce pan
It is important to use a saucepan that is bigger because when you are cooking the caramel sauce bubble up for a minute and you do not want it bubbling over onto your stove.
Line up all your ingredients first so you are able to whisk the sauce when the recipe calls for it and you will not chance burning your beautiful sauce.
What you need
4 tbs salted butter
1 cup light brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 tsp fleur de sel (salt)
1 tsp vanilla
How to Make You Salted Caramel Sauce
In a medium saucepan heat butter and sugar together until melted
bring to a gentle boil whisking continuously
Allow caramel to gently boil for about 5 minutes. Do not stop whisking, you do not want it to burn
add cream and watch because it will bubble up and you do not want it to overflow.
Remove from heat and add vanilla and stir together.
Allow caramel to cool slightly before using.
Place in heat proof jars such as Mason jars or jelly jars.
You can store this in the fridge for a few days if it lasts that long.
Now isn’t that easy and delicious?
Use this recipe to drizzle in this awesome desserts or drizzle on top.
- Caramel Apple Walnut Cheesecake
- Homemade Apple Pie
- Brownie Crust Salted Caramel Chocolate Ganache Tart
- Nutella Chocolate Cheesecake
If you love to have Easy Salted Caramel on hand for toppings on ice cream, desserts or any special recipes, try this other easy recipe for Chocolate sauce. Quick, Easy! Stores in the fridge.Rich Homemade Chocolate Sauce
Easy Salted Caramel sauce
- 4 tbs salted butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp fleur de sel salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- In a medium saucepan heat butter and sugar together until melted
- bring to a gentle boil whisking continuously
- Allow caramel to gently boil for about 5 minutes. Do not stop whisking, you do not want it to burn
- add cream and watch because it will bubble up and you do not want it to overflow.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla and stir together.
- Allow caramel to cool slightly before using.
- Place in heat proof jars such as Mason jars or jelly jars.
- You can store this in the fridge for a few days if it lasts that long.
My name is Mary. Here at The Recipe Patch you will find a garden full of recipes to make life easy and delicious. I hope you find a new recipe to share