White Chicken Chili
Delicious flavored chicken with sweet corn and white beans, spices and topped with cheese and sour cream and chilis make an awesome dinner. Rich, Healthy, an easy to make dinner
- 2 whole rotisserie chickens Two pre cooked with meat removed and shredded
- 90 oz white beans, 6-15 oz canseither white butter beans or cannelloni beans according to your preference or whats in your pantry.
- 96 oz containers of chicken stock
- 2 vidalia onions chopped and sautéed until translucent
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 small green chills I like mild
- 60 oz corn 4-15 oz cans
- 1 cup green onions chopped
- 3 tbs cilantro fresh
- 2 tbs chili powder
- 1 tbs cayenne pepper add more according to fast and amount of heat you like
- 1 tsp teaspoon salt
- 1 tbs cumin
- 2 tbs garlic powder
- 2 tbs onion powder
Quick version: After sautéing onion and garlic until translucent add all ingredients to your large stock pot. Heat through on medium heat for one hour.
Simmering version: f you like to cook soups, stews and chills low and slow, heat chili through until almost bubbling and turn onto low heat just until the chili is simmering and cook for 2-3 hours, string occasionally. I think doing it this way adds more depth of flavor and allows all the spices to bring out the great flavors needed for great flavor.
Twenty minutes before serving remove some liquid and add three tablespoons of cornstarch and mix together.
Add back into chili string well to mix together and allow to thicken for twenty minutes.
As with any soup or stew or chili, taste your chili and add extra cayenne if you want more heat. I am a light weight when it comes to spicy so I keep my version lighter. But if you like some like it "hot"- spicy add more according to taste
Calories: 600kcal | Carbohydrates: 108g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 8mg | Sodium: 666mg | Potassium: 2151mg | Fiber: 24g | Sugar: 23g | Vitamin A: 1253IU | Vitamin C: 16mg | Calcium: 96mg | Iron: 9mg